Day 3! Still going strong! I want to note that I haven't lost as much weight as I though I would have so far. I know three days isn't long, but I tend to lose weight pretty fast when I actually try to do something about it. And considering the fact that I was eating pretty badly last week, I thought maybe this change in diet might show its affects sooner. But at the same time I'm not really countering calories or letting myself go hungry like I normally do when trying to lose, so it may just be a very gradual process, which I can definitely deal with if it means that I develop healthy eating habits for life.
On to the food! I'm going to start with last night's dinner. I have been meaning to take dinner pics, but the past few nights I had been eating this French onion soup that I made in the crockpot and it just didn't seem exciting enough to take a picture of. Plus there was cheese involved and even though I don't want to lie to myself here, I didn't want to post pictures of delicious, broiled cheese. Mmmmm...... Anyway, I decided to try to switch things up last night and make something easy buy seemingly healthy. I ended up making some whole wheat rotini pasta and tossing it with some fresh spinach that I sauteed in some olive oil, garlic, and some random spices. I topped it with some chicken break that I marinated in lemon juice, olive oil and dill and then cooking on a pan on the stove.
It was pretty good, but was lacking something...sauce. I am a sauce girl but was trying to avoid throwing some alfredo into the mix and ruining my day, so I mixed some plain, non-fat Greek yogurt with some dill, garlic and onion powder and mixed it into my bowl of pasta. I have to admit this kind of creeped me out because I felt like the hot pasta + cold yogurt was going to do some weird crazy science thing and get clumpy or something, but it was fine!
I need to work on dinner ideas and recipes. I want to figure out things that are filling and satisfying, but still healthy.
On to today! This morning's juice was kale, broccoli, berries, banana, mango, ginger, and coconut water. Definitely wasn't the best I have made so far, the broccoli kind of over powered the whole thing so I just had to chug it down. I will have to save broccoli for when/if I ever make an all-veggie juice.
Breakfast was the same oatmeal/agave/blueberries deal. I seriously cannot get enough of this! I want to try to figure out some way to bake them into bars or something because it'd make an awesome snack or dessert.



No comments:
Post a Comment