Friday, June 29, 2012

Catching Up

So to anyone reading this, I thought I'd do a brief introductory post and explain some things.

First off, I am a HORRIBLE blogger, meaning that I cannot blog regularly to save my life. I'm saying this now so that if I do get any regular readers, if posts stop for a few days, it's not because I died, it's because I am a total space case and forgot/couldn't find the time/was too lazy. Yeah, I said it. I get lazy. Also, you may notice that the first three posts have the same date. That is because they were posts on my person blog, but I decided to make a new blog for my journey on the road to getting healthy. I want to try really hard to document what I am eating each day, so there may be posts that have several days worth of food on them. Hey, one mash-up post is better than none!

Now, on to me and my reasoning behind all of this. Hi! My name is Lindsay, I'm 27, and I live in wonderful downtown Tampa, Florida. I have tried pretty much every diet and weight-loss technique under the sun, yet I  have never be able to find harmony and satisfaction with my body. I want to be able to feel confident and happy with myself, but I also want to feel good, by which I mean healthy. So I have decided to try to change my eating habits and take more care with deciding what to put into my body, which includes juicing, eliminating junk food, and reducing my sodium, sugar, and dairy intake. I want to change the way I eat and think about food, not put myself on a diet. I know this may be a very gradual progress, but I obviously didn't get any permanent results from quick-fixes, so I may as well give this a shot!

I am going to try to keep this blog as health and food-centric as possible, but there may be posts from time to time about things going on in my life, or outfit posts as I love fashion and want to document any body transformations that take place.

Now on to the food! I didn't get a chance to posts yesterday's meals, but it was pretty much more of the same. For now keeping things routine seems to be the easiest for me.

I had my blueberry oatmeal, a salad with mixed greens, carrots, chickpeas, a packet of tuna and light honey dijon dressing, and some plain hummus with baby carrots. I also brought a Clementine for a snack, but never ate it (it's still sitting here on my desk, staring at me.)

My morning juice was kale, spinach, carrots, pear, cherries, and green tea. It was pretty good, but eventually turned brown! Yuck! I'm thinking it was the pears that did it.....

Yesterday I went with a bunch of my coworkers to Kona for a going-away party, and I told myself that I was going to be really good, not eat, and only have one sugar-free drink. So I ordered myself a double tequila soda lime, sipped is slowly and thought maybe I could behave and call it a night after just one. But then my boss said that everyone could get one more round and he was covering it, so I decided to order a margarita and sort of kicked myself for not getting some sushi since it was free! I also ended up having a shot of Jager before I left.

I was kind of buzzed when I got home so of course I had the drunken munchies and wanted to eat junk, but I settled on French onion soup. (Plus, I don't have any junk food to eat, good job, Lindsay!)

I slept in a but this morning so I didn't have time to make a juice. I did have some green tea and half a Lara bar though. My breakfast was the same, but I was pretty proud of the lunch I managed to throw together. I steamed a bag of broccoli, slice and cooked up some turkey kielbasa, and mixed that with some left over whole wheat rotini and some oil. Looks good to me!

My boss gave me a sample packet of Sensa, so I think I might try this with my lunch today!

I actually forgot that work was buying us lunch from Jimmy John's today, so I think I might just order a sandwich from there and save it for dinner tonight or this weekend. I don't want to turn down free food, but I'm kind of looking forward to today's lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment