Friday, June 29, 2012

Mango Madness


Consecutive posts! I'm on a freaking roll!

Today got off to a much better start than yesterday (my phoned turned itself off at some point Sunday night, so it wasn't on for my alarms to go off Monday morning) so I was up around 6:20. My ultimate goal is to get up at 5:30 or 6 so I can have a full 30 minutes to an hour to do abso-freakingl-utely nothing besides watch the news and drink my tea and juice. I managed to sit down and drink and watch for about 10 minutes today, but that was mostly because today's juice took forever to make due to the fact that mangoes are assholes and are impossibly to cut up! I'm am going to need to Google mango-cutting tips!


Today's juice was kale, mango, banana, berries, and coconut water and it was really good! I probably should have thrown another vegetable into the mix, but I was afraid of making too much. I need to get my portions figured out because right now I am just throwing things into the blender and improvising. And juicing is not cheap, so I don't want to have any leftovers.

Today's breakfast, lunch, and snack is identical to yesterday's. I wasn't planning on even taking a picture of it since it was going to be the same, but I couldn't slack already on my second day of photo documenting what I eat!
So there's my oatmeal with agave and blueberries, mixed greens salad with carrots, chick peas, tuna cake, a broiled tomato, and honey dijon dressing, and hummus and carrots.

I am also trying to incorporate more green tea into my diet, so so far today I have had two cups of green tea with white mangosteen and peach flavor. Ok, really only one and a half cups because I knocked half of one all over my desk at work because I am awesome. 

I know it has only been two days so far, but is it weird to say that I am already starting to feel better? My food intake recently has not included many fruits and veggies (seriously, I was pretty much living off of black beans and rice, pretzels, hummus, and cereal) and I feel like the nutrition or whatever is already getting too me! I had/have energy yesterday and today and the work day didn't feel like it was dragging on yesterday. It's little things like that, but that's where I am trying to get my life. I don't want to feel like every day is a burden that I am waiting to pass. I want to be able to appreciate each day, even if I am at work for most of it!

I feel like this change in my diet is just the beginning of things that I want to do for myself. I want to find the energy/will power to be more active both physically and socially. And I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment